Materials for DIY Holiday Poppers
- Tiny gifts
- Crepe Paper Streamers (Tan and White)
- Cardstock (Brown, White, Red, Black & Orange)
- Hole Puncher
- Red Pom Pom’s
- Faux Snow
DIRECTIONS FOR REINDEER POPPER:
1. Take the tiny gift and start wrapping it with the tan crepe paper streamers.
2. Once you have completely covered the toy, start to wrap it in a sphere shape.
3. Once you have created the desired shape, take a piece of tape and secure it in place. To create the Reindeers features, you’re going to want to have brown, tan & black cardstock and a red pom pom.
4. On the brown cardstock draw the shape of an antler.
5. Cut out and use the shape to trace and cut a second, matching antler.
Tip: If you don’t want to free hand an antler you can always print one online and trace over it. Glue the antler in place. For ears, simply draw an ear shape on tan or white cardstock and glue in front of antlers. Next you have the eyes! All you need to do is take your hole puncher and cut out two holes from the black cardstock. Glue in place. Last but not least, add your cute little pom pom nose!
DIRECTIONS FOR SANTA POPPER:
The Santa version is made the same exact way as the reindeer version, but instead or antlers and ears you want to create a beard, eyebrows, and Santa hat using red and white cardstock. And don’t forget the eyes and nose which you create with the hole puncher.
DIRECTIONS FOR SNOWMAN POPPER:
1. To create the head of the snowman, wrap the tiny gift in a sphere shape just like you did before.
2. For the bottom of the snowman, repeat the above step but making the sphere slightly larger. Next, apply a layer of glue onto each sphere and roll the snowballs in faux snow. Let dry. Repeat if needed.
3. Once they are dry glue the small snowball onto the larger one.
4. To create the hat cut a small rectangle into cardstock. Roll it up into a cylinder and glue in place.
5. Then cut out a circle for the brim of the hat and a circle for the top. Glue to cylinder and add on snowman’s head.
6. For nose, cut a small circle into orange cardstock. Cut out about 1/4th of the circle and roll it into a cone shape. Attach with glue.
7, Last but not least add some arms using twigs you have laying outside!