Kym Douglas shares thoughtful homemade hostess gifts perfect for every occasion.
KYM’S SUGAR CHRISTMAS COOKIES INGREDIENTS:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (233g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (28g) brown sugar
- 1 egg- room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take empty bottle
- Fill ¼ cup of your base oil (baby oil is clear and looks best)
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oil
- Tie reeds with string, attach with rubber band to bottle
KYM’S SUGAR CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350°f (180°c)
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined. Use a rubber spatula to help it come together to form a more cohesive ball.
- Create 1 ½ tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in the additional sugar to coat. Set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. The cookies will spread and the centers will look soft, but should look done. Remove just before the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Take any box, paint or add embellishments of your choice
- Add note cards (card stock - cut in quarters or any recipe cards) and colorful pens
- Add the word “gratitude” printed from computer, attached with double stick tape