Maria Provenzano gives our dining room a festive feeling with easy to make and customizable Holiday Chair backs.
DIY Holiday Chairbacks
- Felt in Christmas colors like green, white and red
- 2-3” wide Christmas ribbon
- Vinyl sticker letters, iron on letters or vinyl cutting machine and material
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric chalk or marker
- Straight edge or ruler
- Soft tape measure
- Measure the height and width of the back of your chairs. Add 1” seam allowance to the sides and top measurements to get the shape and size of the felt. PRO TIP: Using a soft tape measure for this will give you the most accurate measurement.
- Draw cut out two pieces of felt to those measurements.
- Glue the sides and top together to create a pouch. Allow the glue to dry.
- Flip the pouch right side out and push out the corners.
- Add ribbon and bow to the felt to turn the pouch into a present! Place the pouch onto your chairback, wrap two lengths of ribbon around, one vertical then one horizontal to create a cross in the center of the chairback. Use hot glue to secure in place. Tie a bow and glue on in place in the center of the cross.
- Draw and cut out a gift tag shape out in a contrasting color of felt than the main body of the chairback.
- Add the name of whoever’s seat it is with your choice of lettering, vinyl stickers or iron on.
- Attach the nametag with hot glue in a visible place near the bow.
- Repeat to create as many chairbacks as needed. Enjoy!