- Wooden craft hearts
- 4” wide ribbon
- Gold oil-based paint pen
- Acrylic paint in desired Valentine’s colors
- Cups to mix paint in
- Gorilla glue hot glue and hot glue gun or Fabri-Tac
1. Determine the number of hearts you will need for the length of your runner by placing the hearts on the table you plan on using it on. You don’t want them to hang over the edge because they’re heavy.
2. Create a wash out of your paint, this will act like a stain. Add water until you’re satisfied with the consistency, the runnier the paint, the less color will come through.
3. Paint all of the craft hearts. Allow them to dry.
PRO TIP: If you add too much paint or it’s too watery, use a rag to wipe away any excess.
4. Use the paint pen to coat the edge of each craft heart. Allow to dry.
5. Space the hearts evenly to the length of the runner face down on your work surface.
6. Cut a length of ribbon just shorter than the length of the hearts.
7. Attach the ribbon to down the center of the back side of the hearts. The hot glue will dry fast, but Fabri-Tac will adhere just as well as the heavy-duty glue hot glue sticks.
PRO TIP: If using hot glue, make sure to use a heavy-duty glue.
8. Place the runner on the table and enjoy!