Bring your Fall Harvest inside, in style with Orly Shani’s DIY Harvest Apron.
DIY Harvest Apron
- Medium to heavyweight fabric
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
- Fabric marker or chalk
- Soft tape measure
- Quilting square or straight edge
- Safety pin
- Belt buckle
- Start with your fabric cut into a rectangle, the sizing will depend on your body. Use a soft tape measure to determine the best size for you. Square the fabric using either a quilting square or straight edge.
- Then, use a sewing machine to hem the sides to clean finish. PRO-TIP: Always press your seams with an iron before sewing for clean hems.
- Fold the top and bottom of the rectangle 2 ½” inches to create a 2" casing on each edge. Sew the along the top and bottom to finish your casings.
- Cut long 4" strips of fabric, sew face to face, flip inside out and iron. These will become your belts that will go through the 2 casings.
- Use a safety pin to feed the belt through the top and the bottom casing.
- Gather the top so that the apron fits hip to hip and tie it in the back. Now it's a simple long apron.
- If desired add a belt buckle to one end of the belt on the bottom of the apron so that you can pull it up and secure it around your back to effortlessly carry your fruits and veggies! If not, use the bottom belt as a tie around your back and enjoy!