We are adding spooky décor to our door for Halloween with this DIY.
DIY Halloween Wreath
DIY HALLOWEEN WREATH MATERIALS:
- Grapevine wreath
- White spray paint
- LED fairy string lights
- Popsicle sticks
- Baling wire
- Wire cutters
- Two sets of needle nose pliers
- Black bat silhouettes or black craft foam or paper and scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
DIY HALLOWEEN WREATH INSTRUCTIONS:
- Spray paint the wreath. Set aside to dry.
- Wrap the string lights around a popsicle stick.
- Secure the battery pack of the lights to the back of the wreath by tucking it under one of the vines of the wreath. Position it so the on-off switch is accessible from the side of the wreath.
- Weave the string lights through the back of the wreath by weaving the popsicle stick wrapped in lights under the vines in a crisscross pattern across the center opening of the wreath to create the starry night background for the tree.
- Cut a bunch of pieces of baling wire to the same length. About 5-10 depending on how thick you want the trunk of the tree to be.
- Create the trunk of the wire tree. Place the pieces together and grab a couple inches inset from each end with a pair of pliers. Twist until the wires are wrapped around each other. Leave the ends un-twisted so they can become roots and branches.
- Cut some more pieces of bailing wire and wrap them around the trunk of the tree to add more roots and branches.
- Attach the tree to the wreath by wrapping the wire branches and roots around vines on the front side of the wreath in different spots until secure.
- Add bats made of black paper or craft foam if desired. Attach with hot glue. You can create your own by cutting them out of black paper or craft foam with scissors or purchase pre-made cut outs.
- Hang as desired and enjoy!