- Plywood base
- 42 Inch 2x4 board
- 2x4 cut at 8 inches
- 18 inch 1x3 boards (need 2)
- Hot Glue
- 6 Inch styrofoam ball
- 10 Inch styrofoam ball
- X-acto Knife
- Black foam paper
- Artificial pumpkin
- Drywall joint compound
- Latex paint
Directions for Ghost Body:
1. Take the 42 inch 2x4 board and screw into plywood base
2. To create the shoulders, use a 2x4 cut at 8 Inches. Attach horizontally approximately ¾ up the post/pole. This will create a cross shape.
3. Attach 18 inch 1x3 board to each side of “shoulder” at an upward angle using drill (this will create arms).
4. Cut 6 inch styrofoam ball in half and attach to both arms using low heat hot glue (this will create the hands).
5. Take the 10 inch styrofoam ball and stick it onto the very top of post (this will create the head).
Directions for Monster Mud:
1. Mix 3 parts drywall joint compound with 1 part latex paint in a large bucket
2. Add water
3. Mix together
4. Add sheet to mixture. Make sure to cover the sheet completely with monster mud
5. Remove sheet and ring out excess monster mud
6. Open up sheet and drape evenly over your base.
7. While the sheet is still wet, mold it into the shape you want it to dry in.
8. Cut off any excess material from bottom (if needed).
9. Let dry for 48 hours.
Directions for Pumpkin:
1. Cut top off artificial pumpkin to create a “bowl.”
2. Cut face into pumpkin (optional).
3. Glue pumpkin into Ghost arms.
4. Use foam sheet paper to create eyes and hot glue to ghost
5. Add candy