Get ready to give out treats for Halloween with this DIY.
DIY Halloween Candy Stand
- Plywood base
- 42 Inch 2x4 board
- 2x4 cut at 8 inches
- 18 inch 1x3 boards (need 2)
- Hot Glue
- 6 Inch styrofoam ball
- 10 Inch styrofoam ball
- X-acto Knife
- Black foam paper
- Artificial pumpkin
- Drywall joint compound
- Latex paint
Directions for Ghost Body:
- Take the 42 inch 2x4 board and screw into plywood base
- To create the shoulders, use a 2x4 cut at 8 Inches. Attach horizontally approximately ¾ up the post/pole. This will create a cross shape.
- Attach 18 inch 1x3 board to each side of “shoulder” at an upward angle using drill (this will create arms).
- Cut 6 inch styrofoam ball in half and attach to both arms using low heat hot glue (this will create the hands).
- Take the 10 inch styrofoam ball and stick it onto the very top of post (this will create the head).
Directions for Monster Mud:
- Mix 3 parts drywall joint compound with 1 part latex paint in a large bucket
- Add water
- Mix together
- Add sheet to mixture. Make sure to cover the sheet completely with monster mud
- Remove sheet and ring out excess monster mud
- Open up sheet and drape evenly over your base.
- While the sheet is still wet, mold it into the shape you want it to dry in.
- Cut off any excess material from bottom (if needed).
- Let dry for 48 hours.
Directions for Pumpkin:
- Cut top off artificial pumpkin to create a “bowl.”
- Cut face into pumpkin (optional).
- Glue pumpkin into Ghost arms.
- Use foam sheet paper to create eyes and hot glue to ghost
- Add candy