- 1″x 6″ board (6ft long)
- Magnetic strips (enough to fill a 6’ board)
- Small magnets
- Paint brush
- Artist brush
- 1/8” Craft wood
- Measuring tape
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Ribbon or twine
- Sand paper
- Black acrylic paint
- OPTIONAL: Small c-hook
1. Paint your 1”x6” board a solid color, or use your imagination to create a fun scene.
2. Using your craft wood, draw your desired object.
3. Cut out your object with a jigsaw.
4. Sand down any rough edges.
5. Mark the middle of the board with your tape measure.
6. Attach the magnetic strip along the middle of the board going vertically with hot glue.
7. Paint your objects and set aside to dry.
8. Once dry, hot glue a magnet to the backside of your object (this will be your marker for
how tall your little one grows)
9. On the board, using your tape measure, make lines and numbers with to look like a large
10. Go over these lines with black paint and artist brush. Set aside to dry.
11. On the side of the board, screw in the c-hook, and hang a permanent marker on it so that
you can keep track of your child’s progress.
12. Add your fun object/marker in place with the magnet. Get your child’s height by moving
the marker up. Since you won’t have to write on their height, you can simply add the date.
13. Hang it on the wall using a French cleat.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page