Maria Provenzano is showing us a creative way to do and share acts of kindness with a Garland of Good Deeds from Hallmark.
DIY Garland of Good Deeds
Kids, Christmas Decor
Share More Merry: Garland of Good Deeds - Home & Family
- Hallmark’s garland of good deeds
- Wooden dowel
- Wooden finial x2
- White spray paint
- Red ribbon
- Spray adhesive
- Photos of good deeds
- Clear tape
- Desired hanging materials like cup hooks
- Cut or have the dowel cut down to the right size for you at the hardware store. Many dowels come in varying lengths so this step may not be necessary.
- Spray the dowel and finials white. Set aside to dry.
- Assemble your paper chain garland of good deeds with tape.
- Drill a pilot hole for the screw of the finials into each end of the dowel if necessary and screw one finial on to an end of the dowel.
- Add the peppermint stripe of ribbon to the dowel. Cut the edge of the ribbon at an angle to start so it sits flush to the edge of the dowel. Spray the ribbon with spray adhesive then wrap it around the dowel, spray and wrap in sections for accuracy. Cut at an angle at the end as well to finish cleanly.
- String three or four of the links of the garland of good deeds onto the dowel to create a swag with it. Screw the other finial on.
- Hang photos of you and your family executing the good deeds off the garland. Add twine to the back of the photo with some tape then tie the other end off to the corresponding link of the good deed garland.
- Hang the dowel as desired with twine or cup hooks and enjoy!