You will bug out over Maria Provenzano’s DIY Garden Bugs that are too cute.
DIY Garden Bugs
- Wooden craft shapes
- Wooden clothespins
- Popsicle sticks
- Paint in desired colors, craft or exterior depending on use
- Paperclips in desired color for antennae
- Wire snips
- X-Acto knife
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint pens
- Small craft wood plaque or rectangle
- Clear sealant
- Cut any pieces needed with an X-Acto knife on a cutting mat. For instance, to create the ladybug wings, cut a second circle the same size as the body in half.
- Arrange the wooden pieces to figure out what kind of bug you want to make and what it will look like.
- Paint the pieces desired base colors, allow to dry.
- Glue the pieces together in desired bug arrangement.
- For the antennae, cut the paper clips on the curve with snips.
- Glue the antennae on in place.
- Add details like dots on the ladybugs with paint and a fine paintbrush or paint pens. Allow to dry.
- If you want to use these as plant markers, glue a popsicle stick on to the back of a small wooden craft plaque or rectangle then paint the center with some white paint. Glue the bugs on then write plant names with a permanent marker. PRO TIP: if placing the bugs outside, seal with a clear sealant for longevity. Allow to cure accordingly to instruction’s time.
- Place in garden or plant pots and enjoy!