Just drop them in for a quick, hands-off fix once a week! You can make them right at home and they only cost a few dollars to make.
• ¾ cup baking soda • ½ cup salt • ½ tsp dish soap • 1 lemon • 4 tbsp water Steps:
- Mix the dry ingredients well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the dish soap, and the juice and zest of the lemon, mix well.
- Add the water, mix in until the mixture feels like wet sand (It must be WET sand or the mixture won't bind)
- Either form little balls, or scoops (use a small scoop) and gently set on a parchment paper covered tray.
- Leave overnight to set and store in a pretty mason jar
You can get more great eco-friendly tips from Sophie Uliano at
Gorgeouslygreen.com and on Facebook at