1. Make sure your glass vase is clean and dry.
2. Pick a sticker or embellishment and apply that to the glass. This will become the only area that will be see-through, so choose wisely!
3. In a well ventilated area, spray on a light coat of silver spray paint. Set aside to dry.
4. Repeat this step until you have on that is completely covered (takes 2 – 3 passes depending on weather conditions and spray paint).
5. Once dry, take your acrylic paint and pour out a few colors on your paper plate like a palette.
6. Dab your sponge in a few colors to grab the paint and apply to your vase. Be sure that your sticker is still in place.
7. Take a paper towel or rag to wipe the sponged area off. This will create a muted tone that mimics a galvanized bucket.
8. Continue this process until you are happy with the look your vase has.
9. Taking your craft knife, carefully remove your sticker. If there is any bleed of your color on your glass, take a cotton bud, wet it slightly and remove the paint.
10. Set aside to dry.
11. Place your battery-operated candle inside and enjoy your new lantern!