1. Decide how many picture rails you want and how long they need to be.
2. Cut all of the wood down to the same length for each picture rail you want to make.
PRO TIP: This can be done for you at the hardware store since they’re straight cuts.
3. Apply wood glue to the long edges of your 1” x 6” and butt the 1” x 2” and 1” x 3” to either edge. Clamp to secure in place. Allow the glue to set for 24 hours.
PRO TIP: You can use a nail gun and brad nails to hold it in place while the glue dries instead of clamping or use both for extra security!
4. Find the studs on your wall then place your shelf where you’d like it on the wall, mark your shelf where you want the screws to go through the wood into the stud.
PRO TIP: Use your level to help with placement.
5. Hang the rails on the wall, arrange your photos and tchotchkes. Enjoy!