Maria Provenzano is juicing up our Summer dining set up with her DIY Fruit Slice Napkin Rings.
- Wooden craft circles
- Acrylic craft paint - yellow, green and pink
- Yarn - yellow and shades of green
- Puffy paint - black and white
- Rattan napkin rings
- X-Acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or fabri-tac
- Markers or paint pens
- Spray adhesive
- Cut the circles in half with the knife on a cutting mat.
- Paint each half circle the desired color. Set aside to dry.
- Cut lengths of yarn as the “rind” of each fruit to the length of the outer edge. Yellow for each lemon, green for the lime and watermelon.
- Glue the rind onto the outer edge of each fruit. Smooth the cut ends inward with glue to prevent fraying.
- Add the seeds of the watermelon in black or walls of the lemon and lime in white. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
- Create the napkin rings, glue one slice onto each napkin ring. Enjoy!
To Create the Place Cards:
- Cut two colors of cardstock to size, one slightly smaller than the other.
- Adhere the smaller piece on top with spray adhesive.
- Fold in half to stand.
- Glue a fruit slice to one corner.
- Repeat to create as many as desired. Enjoy!
To Create the Wine Charms:
- Place one fruit slice face down.
- Cut a 4-5” piece of twine and then fold it in half.
- Place glue in the center of the fruit slice, lay the fold of the twine in then sandwich with the same style of fruit slice on top. Set aside to dry.
- Create as many as needed. Enjoy!