- Your original dress (you want something 'a simple, straight shift dress style. Nothing too overly baggy or too skin tight. • A sweater dress or t-shirt dress is a great option for this)
- Buy your donor sleeves (Shop your local thrift store for a long sleeve sweatshirt, sweater, dress, flannel, button down etc. Anything that works with the colors and weight of your existing dress)
- Seam ripper
- Sewing machine
1. Cut the sleeves off of your donor garment.
2. Measure the width of those sleeves.
3. Decide where you want your waist to be tied and mark this on your existing dress
4. With your seam ripper, open the side seams of your existing dress and flip inside out.
5. Pin your sleeves into the opening and sew them into your side seam.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page