Check out different ways to dress up your porch for Fall.
DIY Front Porchscape
DIY FRONT PORCHSCAPE MATERIALS:
- White pumpkins
- Ornamental green and white varieties of cabbage and kale
- Living moss
- Cotton sprigs
- Wheat sprigs
- Tin canisters and bins
- Wooden box
- Wicker baskets and hamper
- Wooden bench or chair
- Natural wood wall hanging
- Wooden lanterns
- Spanish moss
- Potting soil
- Grapevine wreath
DIY FRONT PORCHSCAPE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Gather your decorative elements, a muted sophisticated palette of whites, silvers, natural woods and greens is a fresh way to decorate for fall. Wicker and tin baskets and bins from around your house are perfect for this!
- Arrange your larger pieces first. Use baskets or even a hamper to create height, it’s important to have varieties of height for visual interest. Most porches have a step but if yours doesn’t really try to add some with a large piece near the door.
- Hang a wooden wall hanging if desired.
- Place your pumpkins, canisters and bins to see what arrangement looks best.
- Fill the canisters with cotton and wheat sprigs.
- Plant ornamental kale and cabbage in the tin and wicker bins. PRO-TIP: If you have bigger baskets, place a pot upside down inside to boost the height of the plant.
- Place Spanish moss around the edges of the plants as an accent, especially if you don’t want to properly plant the kale and cabbage, leaving them in the plastic bins.
- Create a moss bed by placing fresh moss into wooden box with a trowel and place into the décor arrangement.
- Place burlap around the decorative elements to add texture and cover up any empty spaces.
- Hang a neutral wreath like a grapevine wreath on the door and enjoy your porchscape!