Floral design expert Amy Marella is showing you how to make the perfect hostess gift using a terrarium.
DIY Floral Hostess Gifts
- Mini Christmas Tree
- Decorative Spool Wire
- Christmas Greens (examples: Christmas tree cuttings, Ilex Berries, Holly Leaves)
- Wood Chips
- Pine cones
- Wood picks
- Hot Glue
- Glue dots
- Small Red Ornaments
- Place moistened moss on bottom of terrarium
- Wrap mini Christmas tree base with moistened moss and decorative spoiled wire and place into terrarium
- Hot Glue Wood picks onto bottom of pine cones and let dry. Place stick first into moss.
- Fill remaining space with pine cones and Christmas greens, and wood chips.
- Cut 2 feet of ribbon
- Make three knots across ribbon
- Cut ribbon ends at an angle to create a cute “fishtailed” look
- Use Glue dots to glue knots to corner seams of terrarium
- Wrap together small red ornaments and place them and a holly leaf onto knotted ribbon
- Present gift to hostess and be the envy of the party!