1) Use a 5/8” spade drill bit to drill a hole in the top and bottom of the plastic flamingo
2) Place 5/8” round dowel into the hole to make sure it fits
3) Use a saw (chop saw or miter box) to cut 2” wood dowel down to 10” to make mallet head
4) Use 5/8” drill bit to create a hole in the mallet head – don’t go all the way through!
5) Place wood glue into the hole and push the 5/8” dowel into the hole
6) Spray paint the mallet with white paint and let it dry completely.
7) Mask off stripes on the handle and head and spray paint the rest in the color of your choice
8) Peel off the masking tape do
9) Slide the flamingo back on to the handle of the mallet
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page