Memorial Day is around the corner and Maria Provenzano shows how to add a little red, white and blue to our homes to celebrate.
- Felt in red, white and blue
- White sequin star decals
- 1” wooden dowel
- Rotary cutter
- Chalk or fabric markers
- Command or cup hooks
- White spray paint
- Paint the dowel if desired. Set aside to dry.
- Cut the pennants of the garland to desired size, add 2 ½” to the desired height to wrap around the dowel. Fold each pennant in half then use a straight edge and rotary cutter to cut diagonally from the bottom of the center fold upward to create the pointed bottom detail.
- Attach the pennants to the dowel. Space the pennants on your work surface as desired, place the dowel then wrap around and adhere on the edge to the back side.
- Draw out or print, cut out then trace the letters onto the felt then cut out.
- Draw out or trace detail elements for the lettering onto contrasting colors of felt. Cut out.
- Cut the stripes for the red pennants.
- Adhere the letters to appropriate pennants then the details on top.
- Adhere the white stripes to the red pennants.
- Attach the sequin star decals to the blue pennants.
- Hang from hooks as desired then enjoy!