- Lamp (with a skinny base)
- Faux leaves & berries
- Brown or tan matte spray paint
- Painter’s tape
- Crepe paper
- Hot glue gun
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Gold leaf paint pen
1. Since your new “stem” will be the lamp base, remove all leaves and berries off the stems that they come on.
2. Glue a mixture of the leaves and berries up the lamp base until you are happy with your desired result.
3. Dilute Mod Podge with water and take your paint brush and paint your Mod Podge directly on the leaves, berries and stem. You can be generous.
4. Place your crepe paper over each leaf and berry. If it doesn’t stick right away, you can add another coat on top of the crepe paper, but you shouldn’t need to.
5. Set aside to dry.
6. Once dry, tape off any areas of the lamp that you don’t want painted.
7. In a well-ventilated area, spray your lamp base of stem, leaves and berries. Set aside to dry.
8. Take your paint pen and add the gold wherever you would like on the leaves, berries and stems.
9. Sit back, relax and admire your fancy new lamp for a wee fraction of the cost from the designer store!