Materials and Tools
- Soap- Ajax soap
- oil-based primer (tinted to base-coat color)
- oil-based paint (white, three beige tones)
- 220-grit sandpaper
- 7-inch paint roller and cover with ¼-inch nap
- natural-bristle paintbrush
- small artist’s paintbrush
- painter’s blue tape
- oil-based polyurethane
1. Wash the countertop thoroughly with soap and warm water. Let dry.
2. Sand the countertop thoroughly and remove the dust with a clear water rinse. Let dry.
3. Roll the primer on and let dry overnight.
4. Give an oil bottom coat, using oil white paint. Let dry
5. Using a darker grey color, lightly brush on counter in an angle.
6. Marble solution is: two parts soap: one part paint: two parts water. Mix the marble mixture in a plastic large cup.
7. Once marble mixture is mixed use a large straw and start to blow bubbles. Let your bubbles fall on the counter top. Use a grey and white mixture and leave bubbles on the counter and let it pop on it’s own. Let it dry for a few hours.
8. Once dry completely (at least overnight) then apply several coats of polyurethane for protection.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page