- Chalkboard paint
- Various glasses
- Wax paper
- Paper towels
- 100 & 600 grade sandpaper
- Chalkboard paint's super thick, so make sure you blend it well before using.
- Dip the glass a quarter to halfway in the paint.
- Drip the excess paint off as much as possible over the container.
- Place the dipped glass onto the wax paper to dry.
- You will need to gently remove it from the wax paper every twenty minutes to keep the glass from sticking to the paper.
- After the paint has thoroughly dried (around 3-4 hours), slowly sand off the paint from the bottom of the glass with the 100 grade sandpaper.
- If you press the sandpaper flush against the bottom of the glass, you'll get a nice round circle without taking any of the paint off the edges.
- Gently sand any bubbles or imperfections from the chalk paint with the 600 grade sandpaper, then rinse off with water.
- Dust off and claim your glass in chalk!
Fathers Day Gift Basket with Monica Potter
Make sure you visit mrspotter.com for even more great craft ideas from Monica Potter!
“Parenthood” returns this fall on NBC!