- Glue stick
- Large Map
- Trace Paper
- Foam adhesive picture squares
1. Buy a map that has your desired area eg: world map, America map etc. We purchased a large world map from IKEA
2. Use trace paper by placing it on top of the state or country you wish to use and trace the outline with a pencil.
3. Cut your state/country outline out
4. Use cut out as a stencil for you photograph.
TIP: Depending on size you will need to adjust the size of your photo accordingly. If you are printing at home, print onto card stock paper. If you are printing at Walgreens adjust size accordingly.
5. Cut out stenciled photo
6. Apply to map using 3D Foam Squares which are self adhesive (used for scrap booking) that you can find at your local crafts store.
TIP: If you printed your photo on card stock attach these squares directly to the back of the picture and press firmly on the map.
TIP: If you printed photos at Walgreens use an acid free glue stick and attach the photo to card stock. You will need to cut out the card stock in the shape of your picture. Then complete step above.
Tip: Use gloves when handling glossy photos since the oils from your fingers will leave marks.
Will you be applying any finish to the final map?
Depending what material our map is made out of will determine this last step. I will probably want to hang this in scene but again I will have to see the material before deciding that step.
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Paige at PaigeHemmis.com