Create the perfect family portrait with DIY snowglobes.
DIY Family Portrait Snow Globes
- One gallon fish bowl (glass or plastic)
- Fake snow
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Super glue
- Craft knife
- Miniature Christmas trees
- White foam core
- Ribbon (optional)
- Family photo
- Spray Adhesive
- Photo paper
- Wood rounds just slightly bigger than the opening of your fish bowl
- Take a family photo that you want to use and print it on photo paper. You will want your picture to be about 2/3 of the size of your fish bowl, so enlarge or decrease the size of your picture depending on the size of your glass fish bowl.
- Cut out your family figurines with scissors. Since we want to make it look like your family is in the snow with the trees, you want to make sure you cut out all background on your pictures.
- Take your cut-out picture and spray adhesive on the back.
- Attach it to the foam core. TIP: You can use gloves or a paper towel on top of the picture so that you don’t get fingerprints on it and it stays clean.
- Glue your family picture to the wood round with a lot of hot glue. This will be covered with snow so it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Add little miniature trees and décor to create your own little snow globe scenes.
- Once you love the configuration, glue the items into place with hot glue.
- Let the glue set up and move over to your fish bowl. Turn it right side up and fill about 1/3 of the way up with fake snow.
- Keeping the bowl right side up, add a bead of glue all the way around the rim.
- Take your wood round and place it on top of the bowl and hold it in place (upside down) until it adheres.
- Turn the entire structure over and let the snow fall where it may! Voila! You have a Family Portrait Snow Globe!
Feature your kid's artwork!