Design your own face of the whale or even carve out a face on the melon. Cut out a "lid" on top of the watermelon. (Don't forget to notch it to easily replace it later.) Scoop out the melon with a large spoon or ice cream scoop (serve later!). Add chunks of dry ice to melon cavity. Replace the lid of the watermelon. The watermelon whale will blow his spout several feet up in the air for a few minutes.
DIY Red Flyer BBQ Wagon:
- Clean the bottom of your wagon.
- Lay down a layer of dirt, sand, or gravel for protection.
- Cover the dirt, sand, or gravel with aluminum foil.
- Lay down a layer of charcoal over the foil.
- Light the charcoal on fire.
- Use a hair dryer to make the coals light quicker.
Food Within Food
Meatloaf Stuffed Onions:
- Big white onions.
- Cut in half and stuff with your recipe for meatloaf.
- Wrap in foil and cook on BBQ.
- Cut banana from stem to stern.
- Open peal, but don't remove.
- Fill with any condiments you want (chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc.).
- Wrap in foil and place on BBQ.
Dian Thomas Food within Food
For more with "Adventure Travel" guide and author Dian Thomas, visit her at www.dianthomas.com.
And, make sure you follow us on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel/