- Pre-existing placemats
- o Rectangle for woven placemat
- o Round or rectangle for leaf placemat
- Fake leaves
- Burlap ribbon, 1 ½”-2” width
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or Fabri-Tac
TO CREATE BASKET WOVEN PLACEMATS
1. Cut strips of your burlap ribbon that are a few inches longer than the height and width of your placemat.
2. Place the longer strips parallel to each other in a horizontal orientation to the height of your placemat.
3. To start your basket weave, begin to weave your shorter pieces over and under the horizontal strips of ribbon. Continue until the weaving is big enough to cover the pre-existing placemat.
4. Glue the weaving onto the face of the placemat.
5. To finish the edges, flip the mat over and glue the tails of the ribbon to the back of the placemat.
TO CREATE LEAF PLACEMATS
6. Glue the leaves on all along the outer edge of the placemat.
7. Glue next row of leaves on slightly overlapping onto the row before.
8. Continue adding rows of leaves toward the center until the placemat is entirely covered.
9. Allow the glue to dry and enjoy!