1. Take your white spray paint and paint all mason jars with white as a background. Set aside to dry.
2. To make the plaid pattern, take your grey paint and paint vertical lines every few inches. The thickness of the strip will determine the style of your plaid. Set aside to dry.
3. Paint horizontal strips around the mason jar about the same width apart as your vertical lines. Set aside to dry.
4. You will have a crisscross pattern with grey. Where the lines converge, take your black acrylic paint and paint in the squares. Set aside to dry.
5. Take the black paint and paint the rim/edge of the mason jar. Set aside to dry.
6. For other patterns and colors, let your imagination fly! You can use orange and gold acrylic paint to create polka-dots, ribbon and craft paper to make one design, and added twine to the top of some decor.
7. Set mason jars on your candlesticks, fill with treats, and enjoy!