Kenneth Wingard shows how to add a little Fall Harvest into your home.
DIY Kissing Balls
- Styrofoam ball
- Faux fall florals and leaves
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire snips
- Fishing line
- First, measure and cut the length of ribbon you need. Make it long enough to wrap around the ball with enough extra fabric to tie a bow, or about 4’ if hanging.
- Attach the ribbon to around the circumference of the ball with hot glue, make sure you have equal length of excess ribbon from both sides. PRO-TIP: A low-temperature hot glue gun will work best for this, so you don’t melt the styrofoam.
- Cut the stems off of the flowers and leaves with wire snips, leave enough length to shove into the styrofoam, about 1 ½”- 2”.
- Insert the flowers and leaves into the ball as you like until the styrofoam is entirely covered.
- Tie the excess ribbon into a bow or knot and hang as desired. Enjoy! PRO-TIP: You can use fishing line to hang bow version or just so it looks like its floating.