- Mini Straw Bales
- Fertilizer (Use a fertilizer with at least 5% nitrogen like a lawn fertilizer)
- Potting Soil
- Hand Trowel
1. Soak the straw bale in water once every single day.
2. Fertilize every other day beginning with the first day and ending on 10th day to allow bale to cool off for planting.
3. The straw bale will start to feel warm through the conditioning process.
4. On the 12th day, the straw bale will start to cool, and it is ready for planting!
5. Placing the straw bale on its side (baling wire should be around the sides), dig a shallow hole or two in the top.
6. Place a little potting soil and plant your plant!
7. After a year, you can use the straw bale as great compost for your yard and garden!