1. Use your jewelry pliers or heavy-duty scissors to remove the stem from the pinecone.
2. Glue the wooden bead to where the stem used to be, now you have an elf body with a head! Make sure to hide the hole of the bead.
3. Time to add the scarf! Cut a narrow strip of felt and wrap it around the “neck” of your elf. Secure with glue and cut the ends of the scarf at an angle. This will also cover up any excess glue from attaching the head.
4. To make the elf hat, cut a triangle shape that is 2” wide and 2” tall with a slight curve at the bottom. Apply glue along one of the straight edges and roll it onto the other edge to create a cone. Hold until secure.
5. Secure the cone to the head of the elf. Cut a strip of felt and glue it around the bottom of the hat to create a brim.
6. Decorate the hat with the baker’s twine and strips of felt in other colors.
7. Glue a star bead to the tip of the hat.
8. Glue the brooch pin back to the back of the pinecone body. If you want it to be super secure, use E6000 to adhere the backing.
9. Pin onto desired garment and enjoy!