1. Score fruit by cutting through skin but not into fruit’s flesh. Stop approximately an inch before the end of the fruit. Score about 8 times around the body.
2. Place the scored fruit on a cookie sheet. Bake 24-48 hours at 150 degrees. An hour into baking, double check to make sure all scores have separated. If they havent rescore with a knife.
3. Leave the whole fruits for several hours to let them cool.
4. Attach the faux greenery around the wreath and secure with pieces of wire.
5. Take a piece of wire and insert through fruit (use a nail to pierce fruit if necessary). Use wire to attach fruit to wreath.
6. Working around the wreath add cinnamon sticks (solo or in bundles), fruit slices, pinecones and more whole fruit.
7. When finished, go back and add star anise and additional greenery or cinnamon sticks to fill any gaps.
8. Add ribbon if desired and hang!