Ken Wingard is showing you how to turn dresser drawers into handy shelves.
- Gift Wrap Paper
- Spray Adhesive
- Wood glue
- Jigsaw (optional)
- Nail gun (optional)
Directions for Shadow Box Drawer
- The first thing you’re going to want to do saw off the overhang on the drawer so it can lay flat onto the wall.
- The bottom part of the drawer is the part that will be laid up against the wall. Therefore, you we’re going to give it a nice backdrop
- Cut gift wrap or any type of nice paper you prefer to the size of your backdrop
- Once cut, use spray adhesive & attach it to the back
- Attach a french cleat to the wall & back of drawer
- Last but not least, hang it up!
DIrections for Drawer Shelf
- First, you’re going to want to shorten your drawer, so it doesn’t stick out too far from the wall
- Measure 6 inches from the front (or however deep you prefer your shelf to be)
- Mark the 6 inches all around the drawer
- Take a jigsaw & cut along the line
- Put a little wood glue on the back
- Then taking either a piece of wood you already have cut to size or the old backing of the drawer, apply onto wood glue
- Nail gun the back on to secure
- Hang on wall!
Get more information about this episode >>