Maria Provenzano's simple storage solution for the new year.
- Foam core
- X-Acto knife
- Metal ruler
- Tape measure
- Cutting mat
Viewer Mail New Year's Edition - Home & Family
- Measure the depth, width and height of your drawer then the size you want each compartment to be.
- Based off of the measurements of your drawer mark out with a ruler the height and width of each rectangular piece you need to cut out on the foam core.
- Cut the rectangles out with a fresh x-acto blade in the knife on a cutting mat.
- Now mark the saddle joints you will cut out based off of the measurements you need for each compartment. Each compartment will be enclosed by the intersections of the foam core rectangles. Wherever the foam core will intersect, draw out a rectangle that is the width of the foam core’s thickness then the height of halfway up the piece on one rectangle and halfway down the piece on the other so that you can slide them onto each other without any extra height.
- Cut out all the saddle joints with a fresh x-acto blade in the knife on a cutting mat.
- Slide all of the pieces of foam core onto each other to form the grid of compartments.
- Place the organizer into the drawer and enjoy!