TO CREATE THE DICE DOORSTOP:
- 4” x 4” wood cut to 4” cubes
- ½” forstner bit
- Paint or stain for surface of dice
- Paint or liquid leaf for the dots
- Sandpaper and wooden block
- ¼” thick piece of wood for the base (can be craft wood)
- Grip pads or material
TO CREATE THE WEDGE DOORSTOP:
- Doorstop wedges
- Leather strips
- Leather punch
- Decorative washers
- Masking tape
- Gold leaf
DICE DOORSTOP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cut or have the dice cubes cut down to size at the hardware store. 4” x 4”.
2. Wrap a piece of sandpaper around a wooden block and rub it back and forth across each corner to round the edges and corners of each cube.
3. Mark out each side with the appropriate number of dots.
4. Use the ½” forstner bit to drill out each dot.
5. Paint the cubes and the base the desired colors. Allow to dry.
6. Paint the dots of the dice the desired color. Allow to dry.
7. Glue the dice in place on the base with one sitting flat to the base and one leaning on the other, place something under the one that’s leaning while the glue sets so it holds.
8. Attach grip pads or material the bottom of the base so it doesn’t slide.
9. Place and enjoy!
WEDGE DOORSTOP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Tape off the tip of the doorstop with masking tape.
2. Paint the taped off portion. Allow to dry.
3. Peel the tape off.
4. Add a line of gold leaf if desired between the paint and raw wood.
5. To create the handle, leather punch the ends of the leather strip so the screw can go through.
6. Fold the leather strip in half, place the washer on the side that will be facing outward, feed the tip of the screw through and drill the screw in to attach the handle.
7. Place and enjoy!