Brighten up your house with a Door Organizer.
DIY Door Organizer
- Solid core door
- 1" x 12" x 8 wooden plank
- 2" x 2" x 4" wooden plank
- Wood lath
- Coat hooks
- Two shelf brackets
- Two 14 " table legs
- Nail gun and brad nails
- Table leg attachment plates
- Wood Glue
- Cut the 1”x 12”x 8’ in half so that they are the same width as the door.
- Attach plates and legs to one of those pieces, what will become the front of your bench.
- Set bench at bottom of door and mark the height of the bench with a pencil from underneath.
- Cut 2x2 to width of door.
- Attach 2x2 to door at pencil line using wood screws.
- Screw bench into the top of the 2x2, making sure to avoid your other screws, to attach bench to door.
- Attach brackets to top of door at desired height using wood screws from behind.
- Place shelf (other half of 1”x12”x8’) on top and screw in from the top.
- Cut your lath to fit the front and sides of your bench.
- Use your nail gun to attach the lath around the edge of your bench.
- Attach hooks as desired and organize!