A DIY from Ken Wingard
- Get wood precut
- Paint background color
- Pencil draw squares as guidelines for letters.
- Paint in letters.
- Antique again
- Seal with clear coat
1) Print out letters on carbon paper to help you trace over the wood
2) Once you trace out the letters, use paint to fill in the letters on wood.
3) Once dry, sand paper over the sign and it will give it an antique look.
4) For more of an antique look use furniture wax and it will give it an additional distressed look.
5) If you place the sign outside use polyurethane finish to protect it.
Distressed Wood Sign - Home & Family
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page