Ken Wingard is making an adorable Swedish inspired Tree Skirt.
DIY Dala Horse Tree Skirt
DIY DALA HORSE TREE SKIRT MATERIALS:
- Felt in red or desired color for horse
- Hard felt in white or desired color for saddle
- Existing tree skirt
- Needle and thread
- Template (download here)
- Craft glue
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Decorative rope
DIY DALA HORSE TREE SKIRT DIRECTIONS:
- Print provided template and use paper scissors to cut out. (Download template here.)
- Trace and out as many of the pieces in felt with fabric scissors as you will need to make the desired amount of horses.
- Hand sew the beads onto the saddle seat piece cut out of white felt.
- Use fabri-tac to attach the saddle seat to the saddle.
- Glue the bridal onto the face and mane onto the back of the neck of the horse using fabric glue.
- Add some buttons onto the saddle straps using craft glue.
- Attach the horses to the tree skirt spaced evenly along the curved outer edge. Use fabric glue to attach.
- If desired, add decorative rope along the edge of the tree skirt with fabric glue.
- Allow the glue to dry, place around the tree and enjoy!