TO CREATE THE WATERCOLOR GIFTBAG:
- Geometric pattern wrapping paper
- Watercolor paints
- Painters tape
- Glitter tulle ribbon
- Tissue paper
- Optional: Spray sealant
TO CREATE THE OUTDOOR INSPIRED GIFTWRAP:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Faux berries
- Greenery sprigs
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wrapping paper in at least two different patterns
- Outdoor Christmas lights
- Wooden craft rounds or decorative elements
- Gift tape
To create the Watercolor Giftbag
1. Tape off sections of the geometric pattern on the giftbag. Taping off the lines will create defined border.
2. Paint in the sections you’ve taped off. Applying your paint from darkest color to lightest will create an ombré effect. Make sure to dip your brush in the water often to spread to color.
3. While the paint is still wet, tilt the bag around so the paint runs into itself and swirls.
4. Allow the bag to dry completely while lying flat so the paint doesn’t run through the tape.
5. If desired, spray with a light spray sealant to ensure the paint stays.
6. Fill bag with gift, tissue paper and pieces of tulle ribbon.
To create the Outdoor Inspired Giftwrap
1. Wrap your gifts with desired wrapping paper.
2. Cut a wide strip of a different patterned wrapping paper and wrap around the box in the center then secure with tape on the back with tape. Use this paper to cover the taped ends of your gift.
3. Wrap twine or ribbon around the gift as an accent.
4. Adorn with pinecones, cinnamon sticks and Christmas light bulbs. Use hot glue to attach. If you are using the Christmas lights, remove the bulbs from the string and glue them on individually however you like!