1. Pick out the herbs that you would like to use. Buy them as already planted herbs and not seeds, unless you have a green thumb and wish to wait until they grow.
2. Make sure your mason jars are clean before you start. Using your shovel, put some potting soil in the bottom of your mason jar.
3. Take the Herb out of its packaging and set it inside the mason jar on top of the potting soil.
4. Fill the rest of the mason jar with soil.
5. Moisten the soil with a little bit of water.
6. Take your chalkboard labels sticks and chalkboard markers and label the Herb. Stick this in the side/top of your mason jar.
7. Take a little bit of the twine and tie around the open mouth of the mason jar. You can tie this in a knot or in a box. This is simply decorative.
8. Put your decorative boxes inside the window pane.
9. Put a mason jar with an herb in the front and the back of the box with the window frame in the middle.
10. If you would like to secure your boxes in place, use hot glue. (optional)
11. Enjoy your indoor herb garden!