Ken Wingard repurposes corks for entertaining with his DIY Cork Coasters and Cheese Spreader.
DIY Cork Cheese Knife and Coasters
Home Decor, Entertaining
Cork Coasters and Cheese Spreader - Home & Family
- Cheese spreader kit
- X-acto knife
TO CREATE THE CORK CHEESE KNIFE
- Create a hole in the cork for the knife handle to slide into. If you’re strong enough, you can shove handle directly into the cork then pull it back out, if not, create a slit in the cork with an x-acto knife.
- Slide the gasket ring onto the knife handle then apply some e6000 to handle of the cheese spreader.
- Insert the handle into the cork and press until the gasket ring is secure in the cork.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to create as many cheese knives as you’d like.
- Allow the glue to cure for 24 hours then enjoy!
TO CREATE THE CORK COASTERS
- Take your corks and match up four sets of two. Apply e6000 to the side of one cork of each set. Press each set together. Allow to sit for a few minutes to let the glue set a bit.
- Arrange the four sets as desired to create the shape of the coaster.
- Glue together two sets at a time, then glue those two sets together. Add glue to the side of each set that touches another then press together to bond securely. Allow the glue to set for a few minutes in between adhering each set.
- Allow the glue to cure for 24 hours before use then enjoy!