- One balloon
- Small vase
- Mod Podge
- Sponge brush
- Clear spray paint
1. Inflate the balloon to the size you wish the bowl to be.
2. Insert the inflated balloon into the vase, tied side in, to make a sturdier working surface.
3. Using the sponge brush, add Mod Podge to the top, rounded portion of the balloon. Add Mod Podge all over the balloon, toward the middle portion, for as tall as you wish the bowl to be.
4. Add confetti to the Mod Podge on the balloon, making sure to cover all of the areas and not leaving any open areas. You can remove the balloon from the vase in order to easily cover the sides with confetti.
5. Allow the first layer of Mod Podge and confetti to dry completely.
6. Add additional layers of Mod Podge and confetti to increase the bowl’s thickness – the thicker the layers, the sturdier the bowl.
7. Once all desired layers have been added, allow the Mod Podge and confetti to set for 8-10 hours.
8. Turn the balloon upside down on a hard surface with the confetti side on the table.
9. Pop the balloon using a needle or pair of scissors and remove the balloon rubber from the bowl.
10. Trim the edges of the bowl as desired.
11. For a shiny finish, apply a layer of clear spray paint to both the inside and outside of the bowl (Note: do not place food in the bowl unless a food-safe clear coat is used).
12. Display your confetti bowl and enjoy!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page