Put a glamorous spin on Christmas décor with trees perfect for the mantle all winter long.
DIY Cone Christmas Trees
CONE CHRISTMAS TREES MATERIALS:
- Styrofoam cones
- Metallic or iridescent craft paint
- Chunky glitter in metallic or iridescent colors
- Gloss mod podge
- Led fairy string lights
- X-acto knife
- Craft wood stars
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Flatback gems
CONE CHRISTMAS TREES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Paint the cones by buffing the paint in with a paintbrush. This may take several coats because the foam will absorb some paint.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle the glitter on. Allow the paint to dry.
- Once dry, seal with mod podge using a paintbrush. Allow to dry.
- On the bottom of the cone, trace the battery pack with a marker and cut out a nook for the pack to rest in with an x-acto knife.
- Wrap the cone with lights securing with a dab of hot glue every few inches from the bottom downward.
- Hide the battery pack in the nook you cut out. Secure with hot glue, but make sure to position so that the on-off switch and battery slot is accessible from the bottom.
- If desired, add gems as ornaments. Dab a bit of hot glue in place and set gem on top. Repeat until you’ve decorated the tree as desired.
- To add the wooden star topper, cut a popsicle stick into thirds and glue one piece to the back of the wooden craft star.
- Shove the popsicle stick into the top of the foam of your cone tree to top.
- Place into décor, decorate around as desired and enjoy!