Learn how to use Crayola Signature Acrylic Paint to add a little color and charm to a desk.
- 4” x 4” wooden block
- Crayola signature acrylic paint
- Crayola glitter markers
- Drill bit to width of pencils; ¼” or 8mm
- Masking tape
- Ruler or speed square
DIY Colored Pencil Holders - Home & Family
- Use a pencil and ruler or speed square to draw a grid on top of the block. Space these about ¾” apart. You’ll end up with a total of 16. PRO TIP: This can be made with any size block this is just good for average desktop use.
- Use hold a pencil up to the block to determine the depth you want them to sit somewhere between 2-3” works best for this size block.
- Place tape around the drill bit at the depth for the pencils you desire as a stop for yourself.
- Drill the holes for the pencils. Make sure not to drill past the tape line.
- Time to decorate! Draw the design in pencil onto the face of the block.
- Paint the design in using Crayola signature paints. Allow to dry.
- Add glitter details if desired with the glitter pens.
- Allow to dry.
- Organize your pencils, place on desk and enjoy!