- A piece of wood (you can use plywood or hardwood)
- A piece of 1”x6” cut to length
- 4 or 5 robe hooks (make sure the ones you buy will fit your coffee cups – these will come with their own screws)
- Water-based acrylic paint in three colors
- Paint brush
- Screw gun or screw driver
- Drywall or wood screws
- 2 corbels to hold the shelf
- Tape measure
- Straight edge (you can use anything that will work to give you a long straight edge)
- Wood glue
- French cleat (rated to hold up to 100 pounds….just to be safe)
- Coffee cups and other fun decorations
1. Take your piece of wood and divide it with your tape measure into what looks like 5 different planks of equal-sized wood.
2. Use your straight edge and pencil to mark all 5 “planks”.
3. Using a dry-brush technique, add acrylic paint to make each plank look different.
4. Measure and mark the center of each plank of the board at the bottom. (You will be
attaching 5 robe hooks evenly spaced).
5. Screw in the robe hooks at the marks with the screws that come with the hooks using a
screw gun or screw driver.
6. Lay out where you would like your shelf and mark this same measurement on both sides
of the wood.
7. Add your corbels either underneath or above your shelf line with the screws that came
with the corbels.
8. Add your shelf to the corbels using wood glue, securing it with a screw gun and screws.
9. To the back of the structure, add one side of the French cleat (or z-bracket).
10. On the wall, have the other side of the French cleat where you would like to display your
11. Hang on the wall by connecting the French cleat.
12. Voila! Hang your cups off the hooks and enjoy that morning brew every day!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page