- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Remove the metal pin from the clothespin to get two separate pieces of wood. Repeat this with as many clothespins as desired.
2. Decide which design you want for your trivet, gluing the pieces back to back will create a sunburst silhouette. You can also glue them face to back for a repetitive pattern.
3. Glue the clothespins together using hot glue, making sure that the bottoms are lined up. *The tapered shape of the clothespin will naturally make a circle. *
4. Continue to glue clothespins together until you have at least a half circle for modular use, or a whole circle for a singular trivet.
5. Allow the glue to set and enjoy!