Orly Shani takes safety pins from functional to fashionable and turns them into earrings, necklaces and broaches.
DIY Christmas Tree Earrings
- Safety pins in multi-size pack in gold finish
- Eye pins
- Tiny beads in green, gold and various colors to mimic ornaments
- Jump rings
- Earring hooks
- Jewelry pliers
- Wire cutters
- Slide the green and colorful beads onto 3 of the small safety pins and 5 of the big safety pins. Make sure to use more green beads than any other color and alternate the colors.
- Use the jewelry pliers to open up four jump rings and attach the top of the 3 small safety pins to one. Close the jump ring.
- Put a jump ring onto the end of each small safety pin and close it.
- Feed the hole of the large safety pin onto an eye pin and alternating the small and big, feed the remaining safety pins onto the eye pin.
- Use your wire cutters to trim the excess of the eye pin down to about ½”.
- Use your jewelry pliers to bend the end of the eye pin back onto towards the bead so to secure.
- Feed a gold bead onto an eye pin then feed the bottom of the large safety pins onto the eye pin alternating with the gold beads.
- Cut the excess of the eye pin back to ½” and bend it backward using your jewelry pliers.
- Use your jewelry pliers to attach the earring hook to the jump ring at the top of your tree.
- To create a matching earring repeat steps 1-9.
- Put on and enjoy!