Materials for Tile Serving Tray
- Liquid Nails
- Tile Spacers
- Wooden box tray
Materials for Wood Slice/Chalkboard Serving Tray
- Wood slice
- Handle pulls
- Chalkboard paint
- Mini paint roller
- Painter’s Tape
- Black Marker
Directions for Tile Serving Tray
1. Choose the tile you would like to use for your tray
2. Build a base for your tray with plywood or buy a wood box tray
3. Spread liquid nails inside base/wooden box tray
4. Lay down tiles, then use tile spacers to make sure they are spread out evenly
5. Spread grout on top of tiles
6. Clean and allow to dry for 24 hours
Directions for Wood Slice/Chalkboard Serving Tray
1. Tape the area you will be painting with chalkboard paint
2. Paint half of wood slice with chalkboard paint. Allow to dry for 2 hours.
3. Once you peel the tape off, use a black marker to create more natural line
Optional: Draw a pattern resembling lace with your marker, where the chalkboard paint ends
5. Place handle pulls on both sides of your wood slice. Mark where the handles are parallel.
6. Drill two holes on each side of the wood slice and attach handle pulls with a screwdriver.
7. Write a Christmas greeting on the board, serve your favorite treats on the other side for your guests, and enjoy!