- Oranges and/or other citrus fruit
- Whole cloves
- Fruit carver or channel knife
- Toothpick or nail
- Display bowl
1. Draw out the design you want to carve with a pen. PRO TIP: If you want to use ribbon in your design, tie it onto the fruit first, then design around it.
2. Carve out design with fruit carver or channel knife. PRO TIP: A fruit peeler or zester could work as well, they just make larger, messier channels.
3. Pre-poke the holes for each clove with a toothpick or knife. PRO TIP: this isn’t absolutely necessary but prevents hurting your fingers when inserting the cloves.
4. Insert the cloves.
5. Create as many pomanders as desired, arrange in a decorative bowl and enjoy!