Orly Shani is making Christmas Pocket T-shirts that are perfect for any member of the family.
- Christmas fabric
- Chalk or fabric marker
- Fabric scissors
- Existing shirt
- Small piece of cardboard
- Measure then draw out the shape and size of the pocket onto the fabric. Add at least ¼” to each side for seam allowance.
- Fold then press the seams with an iron on each edge to hem the edges.
- Glue the pressed edges to secure the hem.
- If desired, place a piece of cardboard into the shirt where you’re going to attach the pocket so the glue doesn’t seep through. It’s only a small amount of glue, so if you’re comfortable skip this step.
- Apply glue to the side and bottom edge of the back side of the pocket. Do not apply to the top edge that is the pocket opening.
- Place onto the shirt and smooth seams with fingers to attach.
- Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours then enjoy!