- Plastic pens
- Polymer clay in various colors
- Rolling pin
- X-Acto knife
- Small piece of glass from a picture frame
- Toaster oven or conventional oven
1. Use your pliers to remove the ink cartridge from the shell of the pen.
2. Roll out various colors of the clay out into relatively thin pancakes.
3. Layer your colorful clay pancakes and roll them into a log shape.
4. Use an X-Acto knife to slice the log into little medallions, just like slice and bake cookie dough!
5. Next, cover the pen shell with the medallions, squishing them together so there are no gaps.
6. To smooth the surface of the clay, take your glass piece and roll it back and forth on the pen. The transparency of the glass allows you to see where needs extra smoothing or gaps filled.
7. Now it’s time to bake! Check the specific brand of clay, but these are typically baked for 15-20 minutes at 275 degrees.
8. Allow the pen to cool then re-insert the ink cartridge and enjoy!